Saturday, April 29, 2017

A Message From Above by Joseph Michael Fortney




A Message from Above


Did you hear the whispers from above?!!
The angels sent word by a dove--
The roll's been called
Another soul'd taken flight, to guide
And watch over those who soon will follow.

Their presence is felt;
Their spirit lives on and becomes the wings
of warmth and comfort when the wind
chills us so.

Did you hear the whispers from above?!
The angels sent word by a dove!
Keep the home fires bright
For soon another takes flight...

Did you hear the whispers from above?!
The angels sent word by a dove
"I lived!! I loved!!!"
~~~



I lost touch with Joe after I had worked as editor to prepare his poetry for publication...and then moving to my present home...
But I came across his book, One Man's Madness, a set of poems he wrote while being treated...and...living... with Aids.
He was a special guy and I grew to care deeply for him as we worked together on his book...I plan to share more as time goes on...It's been years, now, and he may be gone from this earth... But I still miss him...I picked out this song to send to him...


There are many individuals we will always remember and love...may this song also touch you and your memories of all your loved ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment