Sunday, February 10, 2013

Short Excerpt - Poetry - by Dan Andrews, Author, Sons of Suicide...

Surreality

It's all so unreal to me.
My feet feel like slippers.
My head pulses with overwhelming sense
and lack of it.
I just wanted you to be here.
And here I am looking at the skyline alone.
I brought everything I am with me.
The east looks so warm and ready,
The west never looked so longing and black.
There's no such thing as dark.
The light ruins it.
I laid down, just to watch it.
The clouds are a constant in these moments.
This moment, the moments I dream of all of you.
And everything I had done before.
I saw you sitting next to me.
Wondering what you would do if you actually were.
Would you be quiet and just look up and enjoy it?
Or would you say something?
Say something to make this seem real.
I swear I've done it all.
And all I wanted was to sit up here
with you...once...
~~~



The author, Dan Andrews, has pledged for every copy of Sons of Suicide that is sold, one dollar out of his personal royalty will be donated to The Will To Live Foundation click for more information about this wonderful organization that is spreading awareness and helping with the teen suicide epidemic. Purchase today to help put an end to suicide.

Dan Andrews


Book Readers Heaven Review Coming  This Week...


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment