Saturday, March 12, 2011

Review: An Updated "Love Story" Romance--I Loved it!

Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin Lake WinnebagoImage by gobucks2 via Flickr
Barbary Point


By Alan Nayes






Do You Remember the book/movie Love Story? I know I'm dating myself in asking, but then, with the internet you can always learn about the past! I Don't normally like books that make me cry--but since I'm retired and nobody sees me do it, I rather enjoyed my time with this book--though please don't tell anybody that does not read my review...ok? If you loved Love Story, then I know that you'll love Barbary Point! No doubt about it!


Kelly's life was set for success. A perfect job and a perfect fiancee, who had come as a package. She was happy and not looking for anything else...

Until her mother called and told her that her father died. Immediately she thought it was her mother's present husband, who had raised her as his own for most of her life and she was immediately grieving that loss. Then her mother quickly clarified that death had come to her biological father. Kelly could not remember anything about him; nor did she feel any loss. However, she and her mother had inherited everything and somebody needed to go to settle the estate. There was no choice; Kelly was to make that trip...

Barbary PointThe trip was scheduled for the weekend and once there she had visited the home, checked a few things, found a new owner for her father's dog...and had signed the papers for the estate lawyer to proceed with the sale of all of his property. She soon had completed exactly what she came to do and was ready to leave.

But couldn't...

For the first time in her life, Kelly began to learn what her mother had meant:


Mother always reminded me, ―Kelly, love from the mind is nothing more than a pleasurable arrangement, whereas love from the heart lasts forever.

Kelly was beginning to feel love from the heart...

She had come to the place where her father lived, feeling only anger toward a man who had never bothered to contact her or share his life with her after he and his mother divorced.  So why was she now beginning to seek answers in his home. Did she really expect to find her father's love? She had been surprised when she had opened the box that was her mother's inheritance--when she learned that everything else was hers. But why wait until he was dead before he showed he still remembered her?

Mitch, his father's close friend, was quite willing to share her father's life with her...

But it was the feelings Kelly created in him that he really wanted to share...

Can your greatest love, that love that comes from the heart, be found and lived in a moment of time, a day? Or must it be longer, a week, years? Read Mitch and Kelly's story to find out the difference between that love that comes from the mind versus that which comes from the heart...

Their story is compelling--wonderful! But be prepared, it is also a tear-jerker that will haunt you for a long, long time...

May you you find love come that flows from your heart... to another.  Perhaps this book will be the key that helps you to do just that... I loved it! Highly recommended as one of the "best of romance" offered...

Book Received Via
Reviewers Roundup

GABixlerReviews






Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Alan this is what I call a professional book review straight from the heart. Thank you Book Readers Heaven for reviewing Alan Nayes ebook, Barbary Point.
    Gina

    http://www.xoxopublishing.com/shop-online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina...it is so wonderful when I receive feedback from the publisher...it is important to me to know that I have understood the book as the published did...

    Thanks to your feedback to me!

    Best,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete