Friday, December 25, 2009

Dawn - Another Love Poem from Adolph Caso...

I am a Rose, My Heart Opens at Dawn....Image by -RejiK via Flickr
I am a rose, my heart opens at Dawn
Sing Alongside The Waves The Song of Love...Image by -RejiK via Flickr
Sing Alongside the Waves, the Song of Love


Dawn, 


or, another Love Poem



by Adolph Caso







Turning into stone



its back pressed into the bed



the exhausted faun remains at rest position,



next to the naked woman



incomprehensible of the metamorphosis



before her eyes,



the rims of its heavy nostrils oscillating



to the rhythm of a pump



pushing life-giving air



which spreads throughout his body—



electric circuits completing themselves until



its hoofs turn into feet.







No thought to:



was there another road



or,



is there another road in my life,



or,



can I look for that



which I have not lost



and live in a world without reality



as I walk my daily and only road



of my existence?







Oh Proust and Frost,



how do you find



that which was not lost?







Pascoli’s rose



is no less vibrant or painful--



its petals no less laden



than my sister’s rose



whose perfumed membranes



continuously reach my own nostrils,



in real time



when shades of pink stream through



its pinkish petals filling my cells,



or when my soul needing reassurance



of who and what we were



confirm who and what we are,



never wishing



to have taken another road!







All but disappeared



except for the single stem



bending to passing breezes



its sharpened thorns--



tempered by the cold morning air--



they rip at my skin



like saw-grass serrating the walls



from within the heart.







Coagulated ringlets of blood



filling each point of entry



emit wisps of scented perfume



to their nostrils



and



to another awareness.







Her back again pressed into his arms



He extends his hand onto her breast:



“Where do we go from here?”



he asks, his voice subdued and uncertain.



“Nowhere!” she exclaims,



as she presses his hand



tighter around her breast.





~~~








Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment