Saturday, May 6, 2006

Poet Still Writing! Read Kemp's Latest!

Goooooood Morning Vietnam! Yes, that's what I'm reading about right now...More about that book later!

Thomas Kemp, Poet, still writing

 

Your eyes were so much

Like passports to adventure

Looking out picture windows

As now I recall…

Yes you are very beautiful

More than a window

You have become my door

To love.

Thomas (U)

 

Thomas, my favorite poet, sent me his latest! Isn’t it lovely? If you like his poetry and don’t know it yet, his book is now available! Check out my review http://www.bookreviewers.org/your_poet_is.htm and then connect directly from there to Amazon to purchase! Personally, I hope it is selling well and the above is his first poem for his next book!

~~~

Now, where was I…?

As I was working on my last journal entry directly online, somehow I pushed some magic button that resulted in the last part of my entry being deleted. Ok, I admit it¾ I don’t handle frustration well. My solution, therefore, was just to close out "that" entry and plan for my next one! I’d already discovered not to submit entries directly to the journal. I put everything into Word and then I copy and paste onto my blog! So what happened last time…well, see, I was editing what was already there…Oh forget it…It was my frustration—I don’t want to make it yours! LOL

Hey, what have you been reading?! Any you’d like to recommend? You know, of course, that unless I give a book a bad review…anything I list here would be recommended for great reading!

Caught in the Shadows by C. A. Haddad                      

Trust No One by Christine Heggam

The Black Silent by David Dun

Dance for the Dead by Thomas Perry

A Vote for Murder by Jessica Fletcher & Donald Bain    

I’ll be Watching You by Andrea Kane                                                

The Hanged Man’s Song by John Sandford 

The Prey by Allison Brannan                      

The Final Voyage of the Sea Explorer by Douglas Boren*

*Look for a review on this sometime in the future!

On the professional front, I’ve had some good times. Many of you wrote and commented about my recent "sound-off" for the lack of concern for printing books that were not in perfect shape. Well, upon receiving my final review of the book about which I wrote, I was asked to illustrate errors/problems for the publisher. They agreed to redo the book! Maybe POD and similar publishers will begin to know that we expect the same care and professionalism from them and their staffs as we do from the big publishers! Whenever you find problems with books, I hope you, too, will speak up and try to help with this major problem!

I also was pleased to do a "critical review" of a book for an author. Sometimes, when a writer is working on a new novel, they just need an outside perspective. I had read the book of this author, and while it was good, I knew it could be better and I knew the author could write the story better. So, I shared my thoughts. The author is now rewriting. No, I’m not the greatest editor in the world. But it seems I do have a God-given talent for reading and seeing something "amiss." I’m thankful that I was the one to whom this particular book had been sent. The author shared having concerns about the book, but that other readers had thought it was great. So, be careful writers, go with your instinct and forget about deadlines if you feel your book is not yet what you want it to be!

So many books…so little time! LOL

 

1 comment:

  1. I thank you for Thomas Kemp's beautiful poem, few words, but each word multiplies the meaning.
    Mary Edwards

    ReplyDelete